Accommodations Info

How do you collect and pay Haywood County Occupancy Tax?
If you rent out your home or vacation property for periods of less than 90 days, State of North Carolina and Haywood County law requires you to collect a 4% occupancy tax (in addition to North Carolina state sales tax) from your guests. You must register your rental property with the Haywood County Finance Office, which will instruct you how to remit the occupancy tax money you collect:

Finance Department
215 N Main Street
Waynesville, NC 28786
Phone: 828-452-6629 ext. 2614

Collecting the tax benefits you in the following ways:
– A free listing in the annual Haywood County Visitors Guide (print and digital versions), published by the     Tourism Development Authority.
– A free listing on the Haywood County Tourism Development Authority’s website

Download the 2023 Lodging Listing Form Here